Lauryn Hill has been sentenced to spend 3 months in federal prison for tax evasion, even though she claims she paid off her nearly $1 million bill to Uncle Sam before sentencing. The New Jersey judge not only sentenced her to 3 months in federal prison, but sentenced her to 3 months of house arrest followed by 9 months of supervised release. The 37-year-old former Fugee pled guilty last year to three counts of tax evasion for failing to file returns on $1.8 million she earned from 2005 to 2007. Lauryn’s attorney asked for mercy because of her charity work and 6 kids… the judge was not buying it!
Chance of Snow30°/28°
- Body found in pond at Maumee apartment complex December 7, 2013Maumee police are investigating a body found in a pond Saturday morning at an apartment complex on Key Street.WTOL Staff
- Ohio auction features items from Nancy Drew author December 7, 2013Typewriters and a desk from the home of the original author of the Nancy Drew mystery books are going up for auction in Ohio.The Associated Press
- Medcorp EMS shuts down Toledo services December 7, 2013Medcorp EMS has reportedly suspended its services in Toledo. Several employees say they were laid off without notice Friday night.WTOL Staff
- Anthony Wayne Trail crash sends 2 to hospital December 7, 2013The Anthony Wayne Trail was shutdown in both directions near Detroit Avenue Friday night due to a rollover accident with injuries.Holly Roney
- Family held hostage by Lenawee County man December 7, 2013Deputies say a man was arrested early Saturday morning in Jasper, MI, for allegedly "holding his family at bay with a shotgun."Crystal Clark
- Teachers gather in Toledo for 40-hour sit-in December 7, 2013Teachers in Toledo are spending this weekend teaching each other how to become better at their job.Holly Roney